This week our team came across an infographic created by WalletHub with a few fun Thanksgiving facts. We thought we'd share a few of them with you...
- 3,000 – 4,500 calories will be consumed on Thanksgiving.
- It will take roughly 10 hours and 33 minutes to burn off those 4,500 calories.
- Last year, the most expensive Thanksgiving dinner was priced at $150k.
- Over $552 million is the estimated amount Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year.
- 62% of Americans will have pumpkin or sweet potato pie.
- $12 is the average cost of a 16-pound frozen turkey.
- Just 73% of adults agree that Thanksgiving leftovers are the best.
- $3.7 billion dollars were spent online on Thanksgiving last year (28% increase).
- 1,000 clowns participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
- $3.5 million spectators attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
- An estimated 50 million viewers will watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade on TV.
- 3x the number of home cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving Day than previous days.
- People list family as the thing they are most thankful for.
As for us at P1 Learning. We're most thankful for YOU! May your home be filled with the laughter of friends, the love of family, and the joys of the season. From all of us here at P1 Learning we'd like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Bryan Marriott | President